Sunday, November 4, 2012

Live Fit, Week 4: Just Keep Swimming

I can't believe I have already completed the first phase of Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer!  I have had many ups and downs.  Overall, I am still really glad I took on this challenge.

Initially, I really didn't think these workouts were going to push me much more than what I was already doing... but I was wrong.  I am probably doing twice as much in the weight room now than I was before working each body part 3 or more different ways!  Rather than working out 3 or 4 times a week I have been working out 5 days a week.  I really do feel like I am getting stronger and my arms are noticeably bigger!  Unfortunately, without doing any cardio for an entire month it was really important for me to stick to a clean diet so I wouldn't gain weight... I know I gained muscle mass, but I am pretty sure I added a bit of fat by not sticking to the diet.


Week 1                                                                       Week 4
                      

Looking at these pictures, nothing really looks different to me... other than my posture. hah.  I have heard that you usually start seeing results around week 8.  I'm so curious to see if anything will change, I need to stick to the diet!!!

I really am looking forward to phase two.  Tomorrow we start doing cardio again, but I am sure this will mean some seriously long mornings at the gym!  The diet also changes this week... not that I was really doing great with it in the first place.  The only big change is the time of day that I will be consuming my starches.  Basically, I should be consuming my "dinner" meal with starches a little earlier in the day and saving my turkey meatballs for the typical dinner time.  Lucky for me, the time change will make this a bit easier.  

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment