Saturday, October 13, 2012

Week 1: Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12-Week Trainer

My husband challenged me about a week ago... he said "who do you think can get a six pack first?"  Obviously, I looked at him... and said "me."  So, my clear goal at the moment (before I get pregnant) is to get ripped!  (I don't even know if I used that word properly)  Unfortunately, as the only one who really cooks around here, if I eat better he eats better.  It would take way too much effort on my behalf to sabotage his goals by cooking him a separate meal.  I want to give him a fighting chance.  This isn't to put Kyle down at all... I know he can cut weight and has self-control I can only dream of (when he wants to).  But he is a big guy, and I am already well on my way.  Sooo, here is my before picture!

This is week one of Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12-week trainer at 15% body fat (i think this might have been a bit inaccurate measurement though) There is no need for me to go into details myself as that link has absolutely everything needed for the program.  12-weeks of daily workouts, meal plans, recipes, advice, even videos from Jamie.  If you haven't heard of her, she is an amazing fitness model and she knows what she is talking about. 

I have already been meeting with a trainer at the gym for 10 months.  They usually give me a personalized workout (even have gone as far as telling me specifically what cardio to do on which days)  What has helped the most is how they have taken me step by step through the weight room until I felt comfortable with my whole workout.  I decided to go off on my own for two major reasons: 1. I finally know what most of the terms mean, how to use most of the equipment, and who to ask if I'm not sure.  2. I felt like I reached a plateau and honestly was just looking for a meal planner, but Jamie's plan just looked so perfect I couldn't NOT try it!  

It is broken down into three phases and this first phase is concentrating on eating clean, eating often, eating a ridiculous amount of protein, lifting a lot and ZERO CARDIO!  The plan is to build a lot of muscle right now.  I'm trusting her on this one.  :)

After the first week I feel pretty good and actually really happy with myself.  There is not even a cheat day on this meal plan, but I did let myself have one cookie today.  I couldn't turn down the idea of sharing a cookie with my son while snuggled up in his bed reading books before nap time.  :)  I could have made sugar free cookies or protein bars, but eh.  One cookie.  

I was trying to eat clean already before, but this plan is really strict.  It is easier though, because you plan ahead so you don't have room to think about it.  You also eat so often that you don't get hungry enough to start craving sweets or chips or anything.  Whoever invented protein powder though, is a genius.  I have no idea how they make it so delicious with so little sugar, but the few times I have had cravings I just fill myself up with a deliciously chocolatey protein shake.  I do worry about eating too much, if certain choices I make actually fit the plan.  Overall, I get the idea, she wants you to eat as natural as possible- no more white flour and packaged yuck for me (except that cookie) no more sugars (including limiting sugary fruits)  I'm not going to obsess whether I am supposed to eat a banana before or after the workout or if I need exactly 3/4 cup of oats... becasue I know I am already doing myself a great service by cutting out all the terrible junk I have been snacking on my entire life.  Sure, some days I am too lazy to make 5 egg whites so I make 2 full eggs... I don't think that will make or break this trainer.  :)  

In the gym, it has actually been a blast.  On day 2 a girl I see every day came up to me and asked if I was doing Jamie's trainer.  She had noticed we were doing the same workout, she had just started the same one this week too!  I love making new friends :) She has already done the whole program once, which is great.  She had great results which is good motivation for me.  Also, we can discuss the proper technique and what we are eating.  I love that this was completely random that we met, because we both have the same goals and will be on the same schedule so we can workout together any day.  She also encouraged me to have one of the trainers take my measurements so I can track my progress.  

All in all, I am super excited.  I have never tried anything quite like this before.  I have no idea what I am training for, other than to show Kyle that I can do it.  Haha.  Wish me luck. :)

2 comments:

  1. GIRL!!! YOUR BODY IS BANGIN'!!! I wish I had enough determination to look that good... keep up the great work you look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri :) You look amazing anyway! Once I started working out I realized it is something I can actually be good at and it became my hobby, a little every day... wish I had taken pictures like this from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete