Sunday, October 28, 2012

Live Fit, Week 3: Motivation

I have discovered a lot about myself since I started this program.

Strength: Motivation to hit the gym.  
Weakness: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.    

Strength: Legs
Weakness: Shoulders

That about sums up my week, 3 down 9 to go!
          
Once again, I struggled with the meal plan this week.  Workout Buddy and I had a good laugh when we realized this program is taking us straight through the holidays.  Honestly, I thought ahead about that and I have no problem with a few cheat days for family meals and parties.  I am a bit disappointed with myself, however, that I have already exceeded my Halloween candy limit and it is not even Halloween yet!!  It all comes down to motivation though.  I know if I wasn't taking weekly pictures and writing about my progress, I wouldn't have the motivation to start clean each week with my diet.  I don't care how many times I fail, I will try this again every Monday until I don't have to think about it anymore.  It will certainly get embarrassing if I have to write this out again next week!  My goal is 80% for this week -- Little Man's candy tax on Wednesday, then maybe a cheat meal on the weekend depending on what comes up.

I have to admit, I used to think Pinterest was a silly waste of time-- but a useful bookmark tool.  Now, however, I love to browse through the Health & Fitness category because it is filled with motivational quotes.  While I really don't need outside motivation to want to work out... some of them, cheesy as they may be, help pump me up for the day's activities and diet.

  
  

I have been feeling much stronger, especially when I "test" myself with pull-ups and push-ups.  I did 4.5 pull-ups yesterday and today!  Unfortunately, I seem to have injured my left shoulder.  There are certain movements that I have been really struggling with (mostly rear delt raise and front raise).  Kyle said that it is most likely my rotator cuff, so I am going to try to use resistance bands/machines instead of free weights this week on shoulder day.  I probably should limit other things like pull-ups... :-/

Finally, my weekly picture.  My dad told me I need to wear a shirt.  Because his birthday is this week, I am wearing a shirt. :-p  Also, it looks like I made negative progress due to all the sugar and salt in my system-- so I can't handle putting a progress picture up anyway.  Here is an awkward angle picture of my legs.  :)  I have always hated my legs because they aren't long or straight.  I have learned to loove them!  It is no longer about how they look, it is more about what they can do for me.  It is like they are my little buddies, I thank them for being so strong.  Hah, I'm crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment