Friday, August 19, 2011

New Beginnings

Life is different as a military wife.  I can't explain.  I can't compare, as this is all I know.  Kyle and I have been married two years now, but it feels like we just started dating yesterday.  It is not what I would have ever dreamed of, yet I could never dream of anything else.  I have a great deal of respect for all women who have ever occupied this role, of those who currently do, and all those who will in the future.  It is not easy, but I wouldn't trade this life for anything.

This is the kind of life that makes you want to spend every waking moment with your family.  This is the life that can make you quit your job and sell your car just to spend every possible moment with your son and your husband.  This is the kind of life that makes you feel guilty every time a mean word slips from your lips.  This is the kind of life that can keep you on your knees for months on end, praying that he comes home safely.

After two deployments and one baby, I have finally decided to embark on a new life.  In this new life I am giving in to my heart.  I quit my job, we sold our truck, and as of last week I am not only an Army Wife, but also a stay at home mom!

Tonight I am so blessed to have my whole family snuggled into bed -both cats, both dogs, the little baby man, and my husband.  This road is a long one, filled with so many unexpected challenges, but looking at that bed, packed full of love, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment