Sunday, August 21, 2011

Making the Most of Time Apart

We waved bye bye to Da-Da today, he is going away to train for a few days.  So, it is going to be just me and the little guy this week.  If I have learned anything, it is that saying goodbye is never easy, even when you have to do it as often as we do or if the trip is short.  Oh, and Kyle took the car... so we are pretty much stuck at home.

As much as being apart totally sucks... I try to make the best of it.  There are three major things I can do while Kyle is gone.

1. Totally Veg Out!  - Dinner comes from the freezer, read books, watch movies, and take lots of naps!

2. Cleaning/Organizing - I love for Kyle to come home to a clean house, and I love to live with everything around me tidy and organized.  This is my chance to pull everything out of the cabinets and closets without feeling as though I need to do something with it immediately because I have all week to finish.

3. Projects - Scrapbooking, painting, blogging or whatever.  I can spend a whole evening lost in a project with no worries.

I guess the biggest challenge now is that I am going solo this week with an 11-month-old!

Overall, I think I have plenty to keep us busy.  We are going to miss Kyle like crazy, but every time he is gone I always surprise myself with how much I am able to do on my own. XOXO Da-Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment