Wednesday, December 19, 2012

LiveFit to CrossFit (week 9ish)

Let me just say this: phase 3 of Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer kicked my butt.  In combination with sticking to the diet I felt like I reached my goal of "abs" in week 9.  I got completely burnt out in week 10 and am currently on Live Fit vacation.  Not that I am totally out of the gym... I actually got a wake up call known as crossfit this week. ;)

Live Fit: Week 9 - December 2012

As you can see... I was too lazy to actually take my normal picture in my normal outfit.  Honestly, I was too worn out to clean my own side of the bathroom (this one is my husband's) and to do laundry.  I just happened to check my tummy out in the mirror before bed and it surprised me so much I had to take the picture right then.  Sooo, excuse my pajamas. :)

Week 10 got ridiculously hectic with a photo shoot for Cupid's Undie Run, 5th Group Winter Formal, Christmas parties, family, and play dates... I went so far as trying to squeeze workouts in at night even.  I hurt my knee though, and I am kind of glad I did... because it gave me a chance to pat myself on the back, say good game, and give myself a break.

While I am definitely still on a holiday non-diet... I hit it hard this week.  I got super excited when I heard about crossfit havok!!  The ladies meet 5 days a week at the 5th Group Thor gym (for free)!  Unfortunately, there is no child care so once Kyle goes back to work I will only be able to meet up with them occasionally by paying for hourly care.  Also, space is limited so it is only because they are super nice that I have been able to train with them.  I am pretty sure I have done more squats this week than the entire last month, I can barley walk at this point.  

Crossfit totally fits me (as I expected).  I have to say though, I don't think I would have been this happy with it if I hadn't spent the past year in the gym slowly developing and appreciating each muscle.   I have only done 3 workouts and still have a lot of technique to learn, but I do know that I love it... all except burpees... boo.  I am going to try to figure out how to incorporate some of these workouts into the type of strength training I already do.  (hey, no one ever said there is only one way to do things)  I have heard that Clarksville Athletic Club is going to be starting some sort of crossfit something or other.  They are renovating a room right now so who knows, maybe opportunities to stick with crossfit will keep opening up for me!

Not sure when I will start back with the Live Fit trainer.  I would hate for my "after picture" to be in my pajamas when I put so much effort in trying to take similar pictures the first 8 weeks!!  I messed up big time with my diet though so in order to get my abs to look like they did week 9 I really need to get myself back on track.

Hope all my friends have a wonderful Christmas!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment